On Sunday, I’ll be thirty two. I honestly am not dreading turning another year older. While I miss a lot of things about my younger years, life really has gotten better as I’ve gotten older. One of the biggest changes I’ve noticed after turning thirty is that I’ve (pretty much) stopped caring what everyone else thought and worrying about things out of my control. Letting go of those two things has definitely lifted weight off my shoulders. This weekend, I’ll be sharing thirty two things I’ve learned in thirty two years, which will expand more on what I just mentioned. But today, I thought it would be fun for me to tell you 32 random things about me.
- I was born in Connecticut, living there until I was 9.
- I have a brother that is 2.5 years younger than me. He’s a teacher and getting married this spring.
- I figure skated for 10 years growing up.
- Because of the above, I had knee surgery at 18 years old, which ended my skating days.
- I record all of the holiday Hallmark movies and wake up extra early to watch them by myself.
- My hair is naturally curly. I straighten it three times a week.
- I have started five books this year and have yet to finish one.
- I started teaching preschool at 16 and did a program in high school where I was able to leave early to go work each day.
- I never thought I’d be a stay at home mom. I thought I’d eventually become a principal.
- I was the president of Panhellenic in college.
- I don’t love watching movies. There is so much more I can get accomplished in two hours!
- When I clean the house, I always tell myself I’m going to be better about putting things away so it stays clean more often. It never happens.
- I tend to take things too serious. I need to let loose more.
- I almost shut my business down this year. The amount of hours I was putting in was taking too much away from my family.
- I went skydiving for my dads birthday when I was 20. I’ll never go again!
- I couldn’t tell you what my natural hair color is.
- I don’t enjoy getting massages. I’d take a mani and pedi or shopping any day over a massage.
- I can wink with each eye.
- When I hear a new song I like, I listen to it on repeat until I get tired of it. This month it was Fight Song.
- My sweet tooth is out of control. And the reason I haven’t lost all the baby weight from Luke.
- I am a morning person because of coffee. It’s the thing I most look forward to when waking up.
- I am horrible with home decor. If I could afford it, I’d hire an interior designer for our entire house.
- I’m a stationary addict. Pens, planners, notecards, I love it all.
- I’m not a fan of red meat.
- I always underestimate how long things take to get done. Therefore I’m always running a few minutes late or not getting everything checked off my to do lists.
- Being in the kitchen relieves stress. Whether it’s cooking or even cleaning, it does the job.
- Physical touch is my love language.
- I don’t drink soda, I don’t really like it.
- I am impulsive. Completely impulsive and should really think things through more.
- Being a mom is more than I ever could have dreamed of, but I never could have imagined how hard it would be too.
- I crashed a scooter into a parked van in Key West while on spring break (sober). I ended up in the hospital for 2 days and needed surgery for shattering my wrist.
Happy soon to be birthday! I love these kinds of posts where we get to learn random things about our favorite bloggers! I’ll be turning 32 in March and while I don’t mind getting older it still feels weird to say!
Couldn’t agree more! Someone said oh that’s so young today and I did a double take!
Happy Birthday Eve! I don’t like watching movies unless I can do something else at the same time. Who has 2 hours to throw away like that lol?
Courtney recently posted…Oh Hey, It’s Five on Friday: Visits With Santa Link-Up Announcement, New Advent, and a Break!
Thank you! I’m glad I’m not the only one with movies!
Tawnya Faust says
I totally feel like I got to know you a bit better this post 🙂 Happy belated birthday!!
I’m totally not a risk taker either, I can’t believe you went sky diving! I would never!! HAHA I’m such a chicken though and I think being a nurse I just see too much. I’m pretty sure it drives my husband crazy, I wouldn’t let him put Christmas lights on the highest part of our house because I was scared of him falling.
Tawnya Faust recently posted…Teaching Kindness in a World full of Hate
Thank you! I could never be a nurse and I would feel the same way if I saw the things you did on a weekly basis. I think I’d take everything personal and not be able to leave it at work! And I told my husband to pay someone to hang the lights this year because I didn’t want him up there doing it! I also make my mom call me as soon as she gets home after leaving my house!