The first day of fall was almost a week ago. Miss AG kept saying over and over that it was a holiday. Of course, I completely agreed with her. Fall is definitely something to celebrate. Unfortunately, it’s still well into the 90’s here in Florida and oh so muggy every morning. I’m over it and beyond ready for the cool fall weather, which will hopefully be here by Christmas.
Even though it doesn’t feel like fall, I’ve still been baking all things pumpkin. A few weeks back, I tried out a new pumpkin donut recipe. We had a few friends coming over for a morning playdate and I didn’t feel like running to DD to get a bunch of donut holes. So I whipped these up, making the big donuts for the adults and using all of the remaining batter to make mini-muffins for the kids.
These are probably some of the best baked donuts I’ve made. The adults enjoyed them but the kids are the ones that made them disappear. Pair these with a hot cup of pumpkin coffee and you have yourself a great start to your day!
Join me in celebrating the start of fall with this delicious baked donut recipe. They’re light, full of flavor and have just the right amount of sweetness.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar for cinnamon sugar mixture
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon for cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the donut pans.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
- Add the flour, continue mixing until batter is smooth.
- Fill the donuts about 3/4 full. An easy way to do this is to pour the batter into a plastic bag, cut the corner and pipe it into the donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Transfer donuts to a cooling rack carefully once they've cooled for a few minutes.
- Combine another 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl. Mix completely. Pour cinnamon sugar mixture into a gallon plastic bag.
- Gently place donuts into a large bag filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat completely.
- Place out on a cooling rack to cool or enjoy warm!
Leave a Reply