Happy Game Day, football is back!!! I woke up this morning, went for a run, grabbed my coffee (obsessed with the new SB apple spice) then turned on College Game Day. Love this time of year! I especially loved hearing the crowds cheering during the games today, such a change from last year. If you’ve been around this blog for a while, you know the love of football and fall is strong. It’s time to start celebrating and we’re looking forward all the things that come with! To kick off this season, I’m sharing an easy and delicious appetizer that will surely be a game day hit, BLT Dip.
I first made this BLT dip for the 4th of July. I was looking for something quick and easy, but tasty and refreshing! The dip was made about two hours before we headed to the party and that was the perfect amount of time for all of the ingredients to settle and flavor to come out.
This dip was so good, one that you just cannot stop eating.
—making the dip—
For this appetizer, you’ll need lettuce, shredded cheese, mayo (not pictured,) cream cheese, bacon, ranch dip mix and tomatoes. One of the great things about this recipe is that it can easily be lightened up using turkey bacon and reduced fat ingredients. We chose to serve with chips but it could also be served with crackers, carrots or celery.
First, mix together the sour cream, mayo and cream cheese. If you want an easier way to mix the cream cheese, you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds or add a little milk and mix it with a hand mixer. I usually just let it soften and use a wooden spoon to mix it well. Once all of the ingredients are combined, add the packet of ranch mix in. If you don’t want a strong ranch flavor, use less of the packet and make it to taste. I threw a few bacon bits into my mix just to see how it would be. I wouldn’t add them again, the bacon at the top was all this dip needed.
Next, grab a baking dish or any serving dish (8×8 works great for this recipe.) Lay the lettuce to cover the bottom. I used about 3 inch pieces of lettuce for the bottom. Once the lettuce is covering the bottom of the dish, spoon the ranch mixture on top. Gently spread the mix to cover the entire dish.
Now, the fun begins- adding all the toppings! I cut the remaining pieces of lettuce into smaller pieces and placed them on top of the dip mixture.
Next, I added the quartered tomatoes.
Then, I finished it up with a layer of cheddar cheese, topped with bacon crumbles.
There you have it, BLT dip, it’s as simple as that. Cover, chill for a few hours and enjoy!
Make sure to checkout my appetizer page for more game day recipes. If you’re looking to bring a sweet treat to your next party, I have tons of semi-homemade ideas that will be a hit!
- 1 block cream cheese 8 ounces
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 packet ranch dip mix
- 2-3 cups cut lettuce cut 1 cup smaller than the other
- 8 slices precooked bacon chopped, crumbled or cut in small pieces
- 1 1/4 cup tomatoes quartered
- Mix together the sour cream, mayo and cream cheese. Once all of the ingredients are combined, add the packet of ranch mix in. If you don't want a strong ranch flavor, use less of the packet and make it to taste.
- Place lettuce on the bottom of an 8x8 serving dish. Once the lettuce is covering the bottom of the dish, spoon the ranch mixture on top. Gently spread the mix to cover the entire dish.
- Cut the remaining pieces of lettuce into smaller pieces and placed them on top of the dip mixture.
- Add quartered tomatoes on top of the lettuce
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the tomatoes
- Add the bacon crumbles over the shredded cheese
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, crackers, vegetables, pretzels and more!
Leave a Reply