Usually when I make baked donuts, I use a cake mix with a few added ingredients. This particular recipe took a little longer to make, but they were much better than any of the cake mix baked donut recipes we’ve tried. They weren’t as dense as cake mix donuts, much easier to handle and eat. I also loved that it only made 6 donuts. I have a tendency to make an entire batch with the cake mix recipes and the extras end up sitting in the freezer until they’re thrown out.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbs light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbs milk i used almond milk
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs butter unsalted, melted
- 1 container cream cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 325 and lightly grease donut pan. I use coconut oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Using a quart or gallon size plastic bag with a corner cut off, pipe the batter into a 6-donut pan. After attempting many other ways of doing this, this is the easiest I've found. You could also use a pastry bag if you prefer, I like the clean up with the plastic bags better.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes, or until doughnuts spring back when touched, indicating they're set. Allow to cool for a few minutes before you remove them to a cooling rack.
- Make the glaze by melting the cream cheese icing for 10-20 seconds in a microwave safe dish. Mix it to get a smooth consistency. I added a dash of cinnamon to the mixture before dipping. I also use a low bowl, which makes it easier for dipping the donuts.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze once they've cooled. Immediately top with sprinkles if desired.
Adapted from Averie Cooks
*Affiliate links used in this post.
amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0";
amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true";
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "leawitlov02-20";
amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = "bottom";
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "search";
amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon";
amzn_assoc_region = "US";
amzn_assoc_title = "Shop Related Products";
amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "donut pans";
amzn_assoc_default_category = "All";
amzn_assoc_linkid = "090c4105e482f8f94bb0ea553916e05d";
Shannon Peterson says
You had me at cinnamon bun! These look sinfully delicious! Yum!!
Shannon Peterson recently posted…Truthful Tuesday // Postpartum #BeautyImperfected
These look absolutely delicious. I love collecting recipes and hopefully I can start making some of them soon haha just always so busy. Thanks for sharing this one 🙂
I feel the same way about all the recipes I’ve collected!
Get in my belly! That seems so easy and look so yummy. I can’t wait to try them.
Jessica recently posted…Ice cream for dessert? Yes please!!
Thank you! They’re so easy too!
Erica @ Coming Up Roses says
These look SO GOOD. I don’t have littles yet, but I do have a fiance, and he and I would DEVOUR these treats. YUM!
Coming Up Roses
Erica @ Coming Up Roses recently posted…Monthly Income Report: $2739.27
They are definitely something everyone can enjoy!
Oh my, those donuts look super delicious. I am sure my family would love them.