Homemade M&M Granola Bars- this recipe will immediately become a favorite in your house! You’ll be surprised with how easy they are to make and how easily they can satisfy a sweet tooth!
I love making energy bites. I’ve made monster bites and these cranberry almond bites in the last few weeks. They save me when I want something sweet. When I was thinking about the kind of granola bar recipe I would try, I knew I wanted them similar to the bites I make.
Granola bars are a staple in our house. They’re easy for breakfast or to throw in the kids lunch. I have them sometimes as an after school or workout snack. Between getting bars for the kids and myself, I end up spending a good amount of money each week on them. Since the monster bites were a hit, I thought about trying to make granola bars that are similar to them. I haven’t tried granola bars before, and was surprised with how easy these were to make. They’re also no bake, so they take under 10 minutes to make as long as you have the ingredients ready.
I made these homemade M&M granola bars on Monday night and as of today, Friday….they’re almost gone. The oldest has had one or two everyday. I brought some to baseball last night and they passed the kid friendly test again! This recipe is definitely a keeper and one I have a feeling I’ll be making weekly.
Next on my list is to make homemade protein bars with my favorite protein powder. As much as I love these bars, I could do without the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
For the homemade M&M granola bars, you just need coconut oil, vanilla, honey, peanut butter, flax meal, rice krispies, rolled oats, salt, mini M&M’s and chocolate chips.
First, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat.
Next, add in the peanut butter, the honey and vanilla. Stir until everything is mixed together.
Remove from heat and stir in the dry ingredients. First, oats and rice krispies.
Then add in the flax meal and salt, mix completely.
Finally, the chocolate chips and the M&M’s are ready to be added. Combine all of the ingredients.
Place the granola mix in a parchment paper lined 8×8 baking dish. Then put another piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture and press down until you have a firm square. Move to the refrigerator for 2-24 hours. The longer the better. Once you’re ready, cut into squares or rectangles.
These can last for up to 10 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats I used quick
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini M&M's
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips regular or mini
- over low heat, melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan
- add peanut butter, honey and vanilla, mix well
- remove from the heat and add the oats along with the rice krispies
- once those are mixed in, add the flax meal and the salt
- finally, add the chocolate chips and mini M&M's
- after all ingredients are mixed together, place the granola mixture in a parchment paper lined baking dish
- place another piece of parchment paper on top and press firmly to form a solid square
- refrigerate for 2-24 hours. when ready to serve, cut into bars.
- keep bars in refrigerator, they can last up to 10 days.
Leave a Reply