Pasta is one of the most requested dinners in our house. The kids can eat pasta for dinner every night and not get bored. Now for us, it gets boring. So we’re always looking to make different recipes, that not only the kids will enjoy but we will as well.
For this dish, I used Le Stagioni d’ Italia 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which I was provided to review and I have to say, I’m a fan.
What I love about this dish is it’s a one pot and done dinner. Cannot go wrong with those, especially on a night where multiple kiddos needs to get to sports.
Starting out, make sure you have a large pot and cook the pasta with the garlic and seasoning. My pasta took about 10 minutes to cook, 5 minutes before it was finished (about half way through cooking) I added the broccoli and green beans. Cover the pot with the lid and continue cooking for the rest of the time.
Next, add the tomatoes, peas, shrimp and extra virgin olive oil. Stir well and cook, in the same covered pot for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes and shrimp are done.
Now this is where you can really dress up this dish. Lemon zest, red pepper flakes, garlic salt or powder, Italian seasoning and add just a little more extra virgin olive oil to mix it all together.
Doesn’t that look amazing?!? Not only is it easy to make and clean up, it’s full of veggies! This is a dinner you’ll want to add to the menu this week.
Don’t forget, when storing your extra virgin olive oil, make sure it’s in a cool, dark place. Not on the counter or near the stove.
- 1 lb short pasta
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bag frozen brocolli 10 ounces
- 6 oz green beens trimmed
- 10 oz large shrimp peeled, devained, tails on
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup grated parmesean finely grated
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot, adding the garlic, salt and pepper
- 5 minutes before the pasta is fully cooked, stir in the broccoli and green beans. Cover pot and return to boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and then add the shrimp, tomatoes, peas and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir, cover and continue cooking until shrimp and pasta are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Add the lemon zest and the cheese. Toss to coat.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve pasta in bowls and top with optional basil, red pepper flakes and additional parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply