When it comes to weeknight dinners, my main focus is finding something that is quick and easy. Something that is healthy is another plus. This spinach tomato shrimp pasta is all of the above. It’s done in under 30 minutes. It’s healthy and full of flavor. This will definitely be a recipe that is added into your weekly or monthly rotation.
Like I said, this recipe is just easy. Not too many ingredients. Not a lot of prep time. I was done cooking by the time the kids had showered and came back downstairs.
This could almost be considered a one pot meal if it weren’t for the pasta, which you’ll want to start cooking first. Before anything goes into your skillet, start boiling the water and cooking the pasta.
Start out with garlic and a little olive oil in a skillet. Sautee the garlic for about a minute then add the halved tomatoes.
After that, add the spinach until it’s just starting to wilt. It will continue cooking, so it doesn’t have to be completely wilted.
Add the shrimp next. Cook all ingredients together for 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and spinach is wilted.
Now is the time to season. Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and if you’d like red pepper flakes along with parmesan cheese.
You can really use any kind of pasta when you make this. When I made this recipe, I used chick pea pasta because we we’re doing a 30 day challenge last month. It was the first time I had tried it and while it wasn’t bad at all, I would opt for a whole wheat or vegetable pasta instead.
There you have it, done in under 30 minutes!
Spinach tomato shrimp pasta, a super simple supper idea that your family will enjoy!
If you’re looking for another easy shrimp dinner, check out my pesto shrimp pasta!
- 1 lb medium shrimp fresh or thawed, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 10 oz spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes washed
- 1 tbs olive oil to taste
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1-2 tbs Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Start cooking the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Allow pasta to cook. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic. Sautee for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes along with the chicken broth to the garlic. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften. *Check pasta and drain if it's finished. Add 1tsp of oil to the pasta, stir and set aside.
- Then add the spinach to the skillet. Stir ingredients together and cook until the spinach is starting to wilt.
- Then add the shrimp to the skillet, cook until it's pink. About 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Optional red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese if you'd like.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add cooked (and drained) pasta to the skillet with shrimp. Stir all ingredients together until mixed and heated through.
Leave a Reply