The strawberry recipes keep on coming and I’m not done yet! When I took the littles strawberry picking last month, we had SO many strawberries left over. So many. When thinking of things to bake with all the strawberries, I thought about what would be easiest to share with the neighbors. Therefore, muffins and breads were what I decided on. They’re easy to give, can make enough to share with a bunch of different families and don’t call for an abundance of ingredients, making them inexpensive to make. Especially since we picked the strawberries, getting a great deal on them. Today, I’m sharing a recipe for strawberry banana mini loaves with you.
Before making these strawberry banana loaves, I already made strawberry muffins. They were gone within an hour after making them after the littles snatched them up and deliveries were made. Since I had a handful of ripe bananas at home, I decided that is the route I would go for the next creation.
Banana bread is one of my favorite breads to make, why not add in fresh strawberries for a twist on the classic. I decided to add in walnuts as well, which made these mini loaves even tastier. This one recipe made 4 loaves. I kept one for myself and the littles. Then, I packaged another up for my parents and the neighbors. In one weekend alone, my neighbors received strawberry muffins, strawberry banana muffins and strawberry lemon muffins (recipe for those coming next week.)
If you find yourself with an abundance of strawberries this spring, add these recipes to your baking list. Your family and neighbors will be grateful!
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium bananas ripe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries fresh & chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Grease a mini loaf pan (4 loaves) with butter or cooking spray or line two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas and set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs. Then, add eggs to sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- After eggs are combined, add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl- flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to wet mixture.
- Mix until flour is just combined, be careful to not over mix.
- Fold in chopped strawberries and walnuts if desired.
- Divide evenly into mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and top begins to brown.
Leave a Reply