Today, I have a four ingredient EASY breakfast recipe to share with you. Not only is this recipe easy, but it’s healthy too! Some weeks I’m on top of things and get around to meal prepping. Last week was one of those weeks. For breakfast, I decided to make turkey sausage egg white bites.
Four ingredients is all you’ll need to make these- egg whites, tomatoes, peppers and turkey breakfast sausage. I have to say this is the first time I’ve used this breakfast sausage (found in the frozen breakfast area) and I love it. It was full of flavor which really added to these bites.
Lets get cooking
To bake these bites, you can use a muffin or brownie pan. I went with a brownie pan for these just because I had made cupcakes earlier and my pans were in the dishwasher. Either will work, but the key is to make sure that the pans are well coated with your choice of cooking spray.
Once you’ve done that, cook your turkey sausage.
After your sausage is cooked, it’s time to add everything together. I put about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sausage in each space then added a tablespoon of peppers and about 1/2 tablespoon of tomatoes.
Don’t be afraid to load up the veggies.
After the veggies and turkey sausage are in, it’s time to add the egg whites. If the container says to shake well, make sure you do so. Fill up each little cup about 3/4 full with egg whites. I went over on a few and had to scoop some out before putting them in the oven. They’ll rise up, but not too much. They just need a little room at the top.
Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Once they’re cooked, let them sit in the pan for a few minutes before moving to a container or enjoying!
These turkey sausage egg white bites really are so easy and will be a great addition to your meal plan, especially if you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option.
You can find more breakfast recipes here.
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced peppers
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat a muffin pan (square or round) with cooking spray.
- Cook turkey sausage and set aside.
- Gather the remaining ingredients.
- In your muffin pan, add 2 tbs of turkey sausage with 1/2 tbs of tomatoes and 1 tbs of peppers to each muffin cup. Do this for all 12 of the cups/squares on your pan.
- Now pour the egg whites into muffin cup, filling about 3/4 of the way. Do not fill all the way to the top or your eggs will overflow.
- Add your seasoning of choice on top- salt pepper, garlic salt, etc.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Enjoy or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Please note the size of the muffin tins can vary, if you have left over sausage or veggies, make more egg bites! You can also substitute the veggies and added meat according to your preferences.
Leave a Reply