On Easter Sunday, my family came over for brunch. Brunch is one of my favorite meals to prepare for. I have a strong love for breakfast food and love that you can combine that with a few lunch items and enjoy it mid morning. I slacked on planning the menu this year, not putting any thought into it until the day before. There was about 8 of us, so I didn’t want to have too much food but wanted to have enough to enjoy at the table and to snack on for the rest of the day. While planning the menu, I noticed I had a good amount of ripe bananas. Banana bread was immediately added to the menu and hours later, this walnut chocolate chip banana bread came out of the oven.
I love how quick this bread was to throw together. It’s moist, rich and pairs perfectly with your morning cup of coffee. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 medium bananas ripe
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F & Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a mixing bowl, combine bananas, egg, sugar, vanilla and vegetable oil. Mix until well combined. *Smash the bananas a bit to make it easier*
- Once everything is mixed together, add the dry ingredients (flour, baking side, salt and cinnamon.) Mix well.
- Next, add the walnuts and chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan before transferring to a cooking rack or cutting to serve.
Leave a Reply