1. Stick to our food budget for the month. Accomplished. But, I didn’t accomplish the amounts I set as a goal. I had to make much needed adjustments to the food budget. At the beginning of the month, I went through our bank account and added up all of the grocery bills and eating out bills for December, January. I was astonished with the amount of money we spent on food, mostly eating out. It really adds up. Next year, I will not be going back to work. Therefore, we will be a one income household when the little one arrives. This was my motivation for our budget revamp. I figure if we start now, we will have saved a lot more and will be used to it by August. So, this month we were able to cut our eating out budget down by $200! Our updated eating out budget is $150 a month. I know we can easily come in under but this gives us a little wiggle room! Now for the grocery stores, we came in $100 under what we spend in December and January. So this is another success in my book. The updated grocery goal is about $225 per month.
2. Photoshop. Accomplished. It’s installed. But, I have still yet to use it. Baby steps….
3. Get all receipts ready for taxes. Accomplished. We took care of everything with our accountant. I still have a few additional things to get together, but everything was organized and ready to go for the meeting.
4. Make 5 new recipes. Failed. I made four, just not five.
5. Read one new book. Accomplished. I read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy.