1. Travel Sleep Sheep: We have the big one and this one but I use this one more. We attach it to her car seat and turn it on anytime we go anywhere. It helps keep her asleep while we’re out and about.
2. Fisher Price Snug a Bunny Swing: AG is a baby who loves her swing. Sometimes she naps in it, others she just hangs out. It is so soft, has music, sounds and a mirror for her to see herself. I also love that it plugs in so that we don’t have to go through tons of batteries.
3. Boppy Pillow: I use the poppy mostly for breastfeeding and tummy time. It is also great when visitors hold her and their arms get tired after awhile. There are so many uses for it, it’s definitely a must have item when you have a baby.
4. Aden and Anais Swaddlers: These were sent to my by a friend who said they were the absolute best swaddlers and I would have to agree with her. AG loves to be swaddled and doesn’t sleep nearly as well when she isn’t. These are light and big enough to snuggle her in.
5. Snuza Halo: This is a baby movement monitor. SIDS is a concern of ours (like most new parents I”m sure) and this provides piece of mind for us. It attaches to her diaper at night and detects if she doesn’t move after a certain amount of time and will alert us. We did have one false alarm when her diaper wasn’t tight enough one night.
6. Fisher Price Little Lamb Rock and Play Sleeper: This is hands down the number one baby item in our household. AG loves it. She naps in it for one nap a day and sleeps in it every night next to our bed. I can just peek over and check on her or rock her back to sleep when she stirs. The other big plus is it moves easily. If she falls asleep in it in the living room and I want to craft, I just pull it into the other room. I also put her in it when I’m in the shower. We will use this until we move her to her crib.
7. Wubbanub Soothie Pacifier: My mom gave AG this at my shower. She bought it because it was cute, which of course I agree! But, it’s AG’s favorite paci. It’s actually the only one we’ve given to her. I love that it’s a soothie type (which is good for BF babies). It stays in her mouth and she is able to hold onto them (we have the frog and caterpillar).
8. Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine: There is no question that AG sleeps better with white noise. This sound machine is great for us because it not only has a variety of sounds, you can hook up your i phone to it but it also has a night light that you can tap on the top in the middle of the night.
Also, I don’t have a preference between Huggies and Pampers diapers at this point. We’ve used both. But, I DO prefer Huggies wipes over Pampers.
She is just so beautiful! Just a gorgeous little girl! We don't have children yet but we are planning to start trying next year! I love all of your posts on must haves and favorites. Thanks for sharing!!! 🙂
For someone who is (hopefully) going to start trying for a family in the next month or so… these posts have been super helpful and informative!
PS: And little Avery is a beauty!
Wine and Summer says
Avery is adorable!
I've got three of these already! 🙂
Your posts have seriously helped out a ton. I don't have a family yet, but we hope to start on that in the next year or so 😉 Love your insight and tips. And PS- That app looks awesome!! Technology rocks!!
the workaholic momma says
Great post!!!! Addie love love loved her wubba nub pacis….and so did I!!! We had her original 4 up until she stopped using them…they were always easy to find and she could hold onto them herself and find them easily at night!!! And the A&A swaddles are the best…I still have a few stashed in addie's drawers for light blankets!!!
Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend:)
omg love her lil toes! she is such a cutie!!! <3
Diane Price says
Nice list! I make sure I have all the essentials, and lately I’ve been seeing the benefits of having a pacifier holder. Thanks for sharing!