Oreo ornaments are a new holiday tradition at my house. We made them this week and my daughter said we HAVE to make these every year. You can’t go wrong with a chocolate dipped Oreo with a Reese’s attached that looks like a Christmas ornament! And the best part is that it’s EASY for kids to make. I made the first few then she took the reins and did the rest. We delivered them to her teachers in the morning and they were our Friday treat for the week!
Aren’t they adorable?!? Let me tell you how to make them!
Mini Reese’s Cups
Melting Chocolate- in any color of your choice
- pour melting chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- melt chocolate
- gather remaining ingredients- Reese’s cups, sprinkles and Oreos
- cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- dip the Oreos in the melted chocolate- shake off excess chocolate and place on parchment paper
- press a Reese’s cup into the top of the Oreo, gently and hold it for a minute to stick
- after that, decorate the Oreo with sprinkles
- let it set on the parchment paper
- when it’s dry, remove and enjoy!
These really took less than 20 minutes to make. They’d be a great addition to a dessert table at a holiday party or fun to make on Christmas Eve and leave out for Santa!
Check out more festive favorite posts…