When I think about summer, I think of grilling out while the kids play outside. While grilling isn’t something I know how to do (it’s on my bucket list,) my husband does it very well. And he enjoys it. So, over the summer I look for grilling recipes our whole family will love.
This caprese chicken recipe is one we’ve been making for years. Tomato, mozzarella and fresh basil just screams summertime. It’s fresh and full of flavor. Best part, it’s quick to make. Pair it with fresh vegetables and a backed potato and you have a great meal. Enjoy!
What is your favorite grilled summer recipe?
- 2 6-8 ounce chicken cutlets pounded thin
- 3 tbs olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup basalmic vinegar divided in half
- 1 large tomato cut into thick slices
- 1 ball mozarella cut into thick slices
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves about 20 leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium-high heat
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with EVOO and 1/2 of balsamic vinegar, and place on grill.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take off the grill and place on separate plates.
- Top with tomato and mozzarella slices.
- Drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with basil.
My sister would love this! Pinning this for her!
Ashley recently posted…Questions Answered
Oh my! This looks soo yummy, I will have to try this next time I cook on the grill. Thank you for sharing!!
Charlotte recently posted…Amora June 2015 Box
Looks delicious! I just sent it to my husband 🙂
Lauren White says
Yummy! This sounds so delicious and so summer-y! My husband would love this recipe! I will be pinning it for later!
Lauren White recently posted…Daddy’s First Father’s Day
This looks so good. I have never had chicken cooked this way with cheese. I will definitely be pinning, this looks to good not to.
jessica recently posted…Father’s Day: Happiness