I’ve been pretty much living in my kitchen the last month or so. Between pumpkin pie cookie orders along with a set of 40 mini bundt cakes and starting on Christmas cookie samples…every free minute has been in there. When it came time to make a dessert for our actual Thanksgiving celebrations, my creativity was long gone. I had received pretty great reviews about the mini bundt cakes I made, so I decided to go back to something I knew would be good- a chocolate pumpkin bundt cake.
Here the line up of ingredients for the chocolate pumpkin bundt cake.
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 tbs pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 container of chocolate frosting
Mix all the ingredients except the frosting. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Once the cake has cooled, heat up the frosting. You can heat it up right in the container for about 20 seconds. Stir it really good until it’s pouring easily off the spoon. Once it’s the right consistency, pour the entire container over the cake. I placed cling wrap under my cooling wrap to catch the excess frosting.
Allow the frosting to set completely before cutting to serve. Enjoy!!!
So moist and delicious. You can also make this exact recipe using spice cake mix or vanilla cake mix and vanilla icing.
If you’re a pumpkin fan, you’ll want to checkout these pumpkin donuts!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tbs pumpkin pie spice optional
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bundt cake pan with cooking or baking spray.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and oil. Mix well until there are no lumps left in the batter.
- Pour cake batter into greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake on 350 for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place cake on a cooling rack to cool.
- Once cake is cooled, melt the frosting in the container for about 20 seconds. Pour the melted frosting over the entire bundt cake. It helps if you place parchment paper or paper towels underneath the cooling rack to catch the excess frosting.
- Decorate with sprinkles of your choice.
- Allow the frosting on the cake to set.
- Cut and enjoy!
Leave a Reply