Football season is officially here. This past weekend, we headed to our first USF football game. We’ve had season tickets for the past 10 years, it’s something we look forward to all year long. The only thing missing around here is the cooler tailgate weather!
Before kids, I would go all out for tailgates. Dips, bites, sweets…you name it. I’d spend Saturday morning planning what I’m going to bring, then I’d head to the store to do some shopping. After that, home to cook and get ready for the game.
These days I don’t have as much time to get tailgate ready. Saturdays with kids looks much different and the last thing I want to do is all of the above on one of my days off. I’m all about easy and this recipe is definitely that!
This past Sunday, I made this mix for the first Notre Dame game. I started it in the morning and it was finished by lunch time. My intentions were to have it for hubs and I to enjoy for the game but I couldn’t stay away from this snack mix. Every time I was in the kitchen, I’d grab a handful. At one point, I had to have hubs hide it because I couldn’t stop eating it. It’s that good!
If you’re a fan of ranch, you’ll love this mix. It would be great to take to a tailgate, football party or just enjoy at home with the family. Enjoy!
- 2 cups corn chex cereal rice or wheat will also work
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 1 cup cheese it crackers
- 3 tbs butter melted
- 3-4 tbs ranch dressing mix
- Pour all ingredients into a greased crock pot and mix together.
- Pour melted butter all over snack mix and stir well. Make sure to get all of the mix coated.
- Sprinkle the dry ranch mix on top of the buttered snack mix. Stir again to make sure your mix is coated.
- Place a paper towel under the lid of the crock pot to keep the snack mix from getting soggy.
- Cook on low in the crock pot for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- After 2 hours, spread mix on a sheet of parchment paper to cool. Store in an air tight container.
If you're in need for a new crock pot, here are some great choices!
This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply