Whenever I think about s’mores, I think of summertime. The two go hand in hand. During the summer months, you can always find chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows in our pantry. The only problem is we live in Florida. Bonfires and fire pits aren’t too popular in the heat of summer, which leaves s’mores to be made in the microwave or through other creative recipes. While I’m not knocking a good microwaved s’mores, I love using the three key ingredients to create sweet treats.
This past weekend we headed over to a friends house for a seafood boil. I offered to bring an appetizer and dessert, which are always my favorite to make. I decided on a chili corn dip (recipe coming soon) and these bite sized s’mores brownies. I’m all about semi-homemade recipes, which is exactly what this is. Brownie mix + a few extra ingredients is all you need to create this deliciousness.
I have to say that they were the BEST when they were still a little warm out of the oven. I may have enjoyed a few before I even plated them. I couldn’t resist. Thankfully, they were still just as tasty a few hours later. My favorite thing about them is that they’re one biters, so you don’t have to worry about the gooey marshmallow getting all over your hands. If you’re looking for a summer treat to bring to your next cookout or BBQ, make these. You’ll be thanking me for this one.
- 1 box brownie mix 9x13 size mix, oil, eggs and water to go with
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbs butter
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 (or whatever temperature listed on brownie box) Grease mini muffin pan thoroughly.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
- Scoop one TBS brownie mix into each mini muffin cup.
- Melt butter. Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter until combined.
- Sprinkle about 1 tsp of graham cracker crumbs on top of brownie mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Change the oven to broil. Place 1/2 of the marshmallow on top of the each of the cooked brownies.
- Once there is a marshmallow on top of each brownie, put the pan back in the oven. Broil for 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pan and place brownies on cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, melt remaining chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Drizzle over brownie bites. This is optional, you can serve without chocolate drizzled as well.
These look delicious! Looks like some s’more cookies I made over Christmas break. They turned out really yummy! I bet the brownies taste even better.
They certainly look delicious!
Courtney recently posted…Spring Bucket List: go bowling
Such a good idea to combine smores and brownies! Looks so good!
Nellwyn | http://www.thecardinalpress.com
Nellwyn recently posted…Drugstore Haul!
Looks very tasty and easy to make!
These look amazing. I love all things smores and these are a perfect addition to my growing addiction.
Stephanie recently posted…What’s On My SUMMER Watch List
Brittany Putman says
Oh yum! I can just imagine how good this would be for an indoor ‘camping’ night!
Brittany Putman recently posted…Finding Your Missionary Call [At Home]
Oh my yes…these look amazing
It’s so true, everyone thinks s’mores and summertime go hand in hand, but Florida did not get the memo! These look delicious and a great alternative to our lack of summertime campfires here in the sunshine state. #floridakidproblems 😉
I love smores everything. These look so cute and delicious!
Kari recently posted…Sweet & Spicy Summer BBQ Burgers
chloe | boxwood avenue says
Oh lordy! These look amazing! As soon as I am not on a diet anymore, I am making them!
Hannah | Eat, Drink, and Save Money says
You can barely even enjoy s’mores in winter in Southwest Florida. The Christmas heat kills me! I can’t wait to try this!
These sound so darn good!!! I need to make these – summer is the perfect time to also! YUM!
These look yummy and I love that it’s so easy with a simple boxed brownie mix! I’ll have to try these out soon! 🙂
Cara recently posted…Floral Off The Shoulder Dress