I don’t think I’ve ever put a “the best” in front of any recipe before, but let me assure you this recipe deserves it. The BEST monster cookies I’ve ever made. Today, I’m going to share the recipe with you! Make sure you pin this post or bookmark it!
It’s been a while since I’ve baked for fun. Last week my girl had a tough day and decided baking cookies was something that would make it better. So that is exactly what we did. I went into the pantry to see what kind of add-ins I could find and saw that we had mini M&M’s. I grabbed those and decided to create a recipe for cookies that were similar to my monster energy bites and my monster granola bars.
Look at all that goodness in the dough? Oats….chocolate chips and mini M&M’s.
These cookies take less than 20 minutes to make. It’s as simple as combining all the wet ingredients (sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla) with all of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) then add in yummy mix-ins (oats, chocolate chips and mini M&M’s.) Bake at 350 for 10-12 and you’re set! I do recommend letting these cool for a bit on the baking sheet before moving them to a baking rack to finish cooling.
I used a large cookie scoop because I wanted large cookies. Because of that, this recipe made 24 large cookies for me. If you use a smaller scoop, you’ll have many more cookies to share.
I brought these to work for our Friday treats, so I bagged them up individually. If yours aren’t eaten by the kiddos in your house immediately, definitely put them in an airtight container once they’ve cooled. Leave room in the container, if they’re too packed in, they’ll stick together and break.
Don’t forget to pin and save this recipe!
- 2 sticks salted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed in
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup oats- quick cooking
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix wet ingredients- Sugar, butter then add eggs then vanilla. Electric mixer works best for this.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, continuing to mix at a slow speed.
- Once all of the ingredients are combined, add in the oats then mix well by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add the M&M's and the chocolate chips.
- Drop large cookies- I used a large cookie scoop on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a baking rack.
Leave a Reply